Vegetarian Treasury : No 32
Misal Pav Receipe
Video Source : Your food Lab
Full recipe for Misal Pav
Prep time:15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Sprouted moth beans 1 cup .
- Coconut (grated) 12 cup .
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp .
- Dried Kashmiri red chilly 7-8 nos.
- Oil 5 tbsp .
- Onions (sliced) 3 medium size .
- Ginger 1 inch .
- Garlic cloves 5-6 no.
- Tomatoes (sliced) 1 medium size .
- Salt to taste .
- Turmeric 12 tsp .
- Water 250 ml .
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp .
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) 1 tsp .
- Curry leaves 7-8 nos.
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp .
- Goda masala 1 tbsp .
- Jaggery (Gud) 1 tsp.
- Dry roast the grated coconut until golden brown.
- Dry roast the Kashmiri red chilly and coriander seeds for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil and add sliced onions, roughly diced ginger, garlic cloves, and cook until onions are light brown.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
- Add some water and cool down the mixture.
- Grind the tomato onion mixture and roasted red chilly, coriander seeds and coconut to form a paste.
- In a pressure cooker add the sprouted moth beans, salt, turmeric and water, mix and pressure cook on high flame for 1 whistle.
- Switch off the flame and let the cooker depressurize naturally to open the lid.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a deep pan or a wok, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds allow them to splutter, add curry leaves, and the freshly prepared chilly onion tomato paste, cook until the oil is released.
- Add the red chilli powder and goda masala and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked moth beans, 750 ml water, salt to taste and gud for balancing the flavor.
- Bring the curry to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes and let the oil rise to the surface.
- Serve hot topped with farsan and being accompanied with pav and chopped onion and lemon on side.