Video : Tasty And Healthy Spring Roll Dosa
Source : Chef Sanjyot Kheer ( Your Food Lab )
Spring Roll Dosa full written recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Rest time: 30 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
For Instant Dosa Batter – You can also use ready dosa batter or the basic dosa batter.
• Rava (semolina) 1 cup
• Curd 1 cup
• Salt 1 tsp/to taste
• Water 3/4th cup
• Fruit salt / baking soda 1 tsp
• In a bowl add rava, curd and salt to taste, mix. Add water slowly and gradually and whisk well, make sure there are no lumps and it should in pouring consistency. Rest it for 15 minutes — 30 minutes. The more you rest the batter the better.
• Add the baking powder or fruit salt just before preparing the dosas. If you want you can choose to not add the baking powder, adding it would just make the dosas crispier.
For Spring roll filling:
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Onion 1 medium sized
• Capsicum 2 medium sized
• Carrot 1 medium sized
• Cabbage 1 medium sized
• Salt to taste (Add very less as the sauces have salt)
• Black pepper 1/4 tsp
• Schezwan sauce 1 tbsp
• Ketchup 1 tsp
• Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
• Soy sauce 1 tsp
• Vinegar 1 tsp
• Spring onion greens 2 tbsp
Butter as required Spring onion greens as required
• Set a pan on high heat. Add some oil and add the sliced veggies. I forgot to add some ginger but if you want you can add some ginger, if you are using schezwan sauce it had enough ginger & garlic for the filling.
• Cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes. Now add in the salt, pepper & all the sauces.
• Now cook for another 3-4 minutes on high flame.
• Add some spring onion greens & Keep aside.To Assemble the spring roll dosas.
• Set a dosa pan on medium heat. Sprinkle some water to control the temperature once hot.
• Now use dosa batter as required & roll out a dosa. Now add some butter/oil or ghee.
• Cook the dosa until half done.
• Now spread some veggies on top & cook for a minute or until the dosa is done.
• Now remove from pan and roll the dosa.
• Now cut into pieces. You instant spring roll dosa is ready to be served.
• Serve with some coconut chutney or schezwan sauce.