Grenade Hurled At National Conference Party Leader’s House In Pulwama

Grenade Hurled At National Conference Party Leader’s House In Pulwama


Terrorists on Sunday hurled a grenade at the residence of a National Conference (NC) leader in Pulwama’s Tral, Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).

An official of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) told news agency ANI that militants attacked the residence of Ex MLA Gulam Nabi Bhatt.

In the incident, ASI/GD of CRPF sustained splinter injury on the left-hand elbow but his condition is reported to be stable. More details awaited.

As per ANI, this morning, unidentified militants shot a woman at Seer village in Pulwama’s Tral. In the wee hours of Sunday, militants had neutralised a terrorist in Handwara region.

On Friday, militants had attacked the residence of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) MLA Mushtaq Ahmad Shah in Tral town in J&K’s Pulwama district. Police said the militants hurled a grenade at Shah’s residence.

The police said militants had also fired at the guard post outside the legislator’s house.

Earlier, A woman has been shot dead by terrorists in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district, police said today. Another woman was injured in the firing by terrorists, the police said.

The woman who was shot dead has been identified only by her first name as Yasmeena, a resident of Khonmoh in Pulwama district. The injured woman, also identified by her first name Ruby, is a resident of Seer Tral, police said.

Police have surrounded the area and are looking for the terrorists.

Before that, A terrorist has been killed in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir’s Handwara district after a gun battle erupted early this morning. The security forces launched a search operation following information about the presence of terrorists in the Langate area, about 126 km from Srinagar.

According to top police officials, a grenade, rifle and Pakistani currency have been recovered from the slain terrorist.

Defence Ministry spokesman Colonel Rajesh Kalia said the firing started in Ananwan around 5 am when the forces notices some movement in the area. When the suspects were asked to surrender, they opened fire. “One terrorist has been killed and a weapon has been recovered in the operation,” Col Kalia added.