PLA lost 45 soldiers during clashes with Colonel Suresh Babu, MVC and...

PLA lost 45 soldiers during clashes with Colonel Suresh Babu, MVC and his Bravehearts At LAC, Confirms Russian news agency

17
0
SHARE

PLA lost 45 soldiers during clashes with Colonel Suresh Babu, MVC and his Bravehearts At LAC, Confirms Russian news agency

In May last year, Chinese troops attacked Indian troops at Galwan and since then both sides have been engaged in skirmishes along the LAC near Pangong lake in Ladakh where Chinese are in illegal occupation of Indian territory since 1962. Further North between 1959 and 1962 they had forcibly captured entire Tibet and since then are holding it with their Army of Occupation.

After the face-off, the ndian Army moved enough reinforcements not only to match the PLA but to also push in to get the occupied areas vacated, in case push came to shove.A confident Central Government has given enough Free Hand at Tactical and even at Operational level to the Northern Army.

The fierce clash at Galwan involved no fire fight but only unarmed combat but both sides suffered heavy casualties. Indian Army lost a Colonel rank Commanding Officer and another 19 soldiers. The PLA on the other hand too lost a Colonel with another 44 soldiers and atround another 40 soldiers were badly wounded.By Jul 2020 both sides disengaged in the Galwan Valley but the stand-off continued at critical points at Pangong and PP17A. In August, Indian troops regained multiple strategic heights in the Chushul sector along the LAC resulting in sacking of the Chinese Western Theatre Commanding General, who had been very hopeful of getting into the Central Military Commission of China.

The people of India, the Government of India, the Indian Army, all acknowledged the bravery of the Indian soldiers. All actions were taken to honour them and to look after the families of the Martyrs. On 26 January 2021, Colonel Suresh Babu was posthomously awarded the MAHAVIR CHAKRA the second highest military award for valour against an enemy. Several other soldiers were also awarded posthomously with VIR CHAKRA and SENA Medals.

However the Chinese Communist Party, the Central Military Commission of China,the PLA the Government of China and even the Chinese media, all have remained mum over the casualties suffered during the Galwan Valley clashes with the Indian troops in estern Ladakh, Now the Russian news agency TASS has confirmed that Beijing lost at least 45 soldiers during the violent faceoff between the two armies.

TASS, in its report on India-China border troops disengagement, said that the Chinese and Indian forces clashed in the region in May and June 2020, resulting in at least 20 Indian and 45 Chinese servicemen dead.

“Following these incidents, New Delhi and Beijing increased the concentration of forces in the region to about 50,000 people each,’’ it added. The revelation was made by TASS on the day when the border troops of the two-nuclear-powered Asian giants began withdrawing troops from the shared AC near the Pangong Tso Lake, in accordance with earlier agreements.

This withdrawal by Chinese forces was also confirmed by the Chinese Defense Ministry on Wednesday. “Both sides simultaneously commence the planned withdrawal of forces from the LAC in accordance with agreements, achieved during the 9th round of negotiations at the army commanders’ level,” the Chinese Defense Ministry statement said.

The spokesperson of China’s Ministry of National Defence, Wu Qian said, “According to the consensus reached by the 9th round of the military commander-level talks between China and India, the frontline units of the Chinese and Indian armed forces in Pangong Hunan and North Coast began to simultaneously and systematically organize disengagement on February 10.”

However, both the countries remained engaged in talks through established institutions and mechanisms like ‘Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on China-India Border Affairs’ (WMCC). Several rounds of talks were held at diplomatic and military levels.

On January 24, the ninth round of the Corps Commander level meeting was held. The tensions between the two Asian economies resulted in the government banning several mobile applications and people boycotting Chinese products. The accusations that Chinese smartphone apps were stealing Indian data, led to the government banning over 200 Chinese apps.

However, the bilateral trade have continued through the hostility but at much reduced level during the coronavirus pandemic, which had originated in Wuhan city of Hubei province in China.