ATiny Vada Pao Recipe
How to make Tiny Vada Pao
Dated : 13 Jan 2021 (IST)
- Servings 2
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Total Time 45 mins
- Difficulty Level Medium
About Tiny Vada Pao Recipe: A popular street food from Mumbai! Vada Pao is one of the most loves food across India. Vada made of spices and potatoes sandwiched between toasted pao bread, this dish is a filling meal that you can have for a light lunch or brunch or as an evening snacks. Spicy, crunchy and filling, you won’t be able to resist making this everyday at home.
Ingredients Of Tiny Vada Pao
- For potato mix:
- 1 cup potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder / cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- to taste salt
- For fritters:
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- salt, to season
- 1 tsp red chillli powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
- oil to deep fry
- 3 pieces pao bread
- 1 tsp oil
- For assembling:
- 1/4 cup tamarind sauce
- 1/4 cup green chutney
- 1/8 cup sweet yogurt
How to Make Tiny Vada Pao
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add cumin seeds, chopped ginger and garlic.
- When the garlic and ginger turn golden, add all the spice powders, salt and mashed potatoes.
- Mix well and turn the heat off. Add the lime juice and chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Once the potato mixture cools down, divide the mixture into 10-12 equal portions and shape them into pin pong sized balls.
- Mix the chickpea flour, salt and chili powder. Add water in small quantities & mix well until you make a pancake (or dosa) like batter.
- Heat up the oil for frying.
- Coat each ball with the batter and drop into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the oil (it brings down the temperature of oil all of a sudden).
- When they turn golden, drain them onto some paper towels. Set Aside.
- For the bread baskets, cut the bread into a discs using a cutter or just cut the crusts off.
- Flatten out the bread discs slightly using a rolling pin.
- Grease a muffin pan and set the rolled out bread discs in it.
- Bake at 350°F for 5-7 min or until it gets toasted slightly. We do not want the bread to dry up. It has to be like toast; crispy outer layer but soft.
- Once done, Set aside and cool the baskets for 5 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, start assembling the vada pav bites.
- Place a little bit of tamarind sauce in the basket (depending on your taste), place the potato fritter on it.
- Now, pipe some green chutney on top and sprinkle some spicy garlic chutney.
- Elegant, mini vada pav bites are ready to be served.
potatoes (boiled and mashed), garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander cumin powder, red chilli powder / cayenne pepper, turmeric, lime juice, oil, salt, chickpea flour, salt, to season, red chillli powder, water, oil to deep fry, pao bread, oil, tamarind sauce, green chutney, sweet yogurt