Five Pakistan Troops Killed In Attack On Security Forces In Pakistan Occupied Baluchistan
A search operation is also in progress to block the escape routes of the terrorists and apprehend the perpetrators, the ISPR said
Baluch freedom fighters ambushed Pakistani security forces patrolling a remote district in Pakistan Occupied restive Baluchistan, killing five of them before fleeing the scene, according to a media report on Friday.
Five soldiers of Pakistan Frontier Corps in Occupied Baluchistan were killed in an exchange of fire with the “terrorists”, according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistan armed forces.
Heavy losses were inflicted on “terrorists” during the incident in the Sangan area of District Sibi in Baluchistan, Dawn newspaper reported.
A search operation is also in progress to block the escape routes of the So called terrorists and apprehend the perpetrators, the ISPR said.
Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed has condemned the attack.
“Terrorists cannot demoralise us by carrying out such cowardly attacks. The state will fight against terrorists with all its might,” he said,
Earlier this month, four soldiers from Pakistan FC Baluchistan were killed in a blast on the Marget-Quetta Road.
Resource-rich Baluchistan which was forcibly occupied by Pakistan in mid 1950s, has for a long time has witnessed violence by the Taliban and Baloch freedom fighters.